June 26, 2009

Lucas Gynell and Clyde Butcher


Just wanted to share a quick moment I had this past Father's Day, when I drove my son, Lucas out to my old stomping ground in The Big Cypress National Preserve, to meet famed photographer Clyde Butcher. For those of you who don't know, fresh out of college, I worked with Clyde for four years living and working a week at a time in the middle of "the swamp".

We made the trip out to Clyde's Big Cypress Gallery, as he was there signing books and doing his usually meet and greet, with his adoring fans. I hadn't seen Clyde since I made the trip out for his annual "swamp walk", a few years back. It was great seeing Clyde again, and Lukie had a ball. We saw a few alligators in the front of the gallery, and Lukie enjoyed safely played with Clyde's alligator bench in the gallery.





No comments: